Friday, February 3, 2012

Mexican Fiesta

Woke up at 8. Ate breakfast. Got Darwin ready for kindergarten. Did laundry. Cleaned. Played with the dogs. Cleaned. Organized the cupboards. Folded laundry. Got dressed. Walked the dog (more like she walked me). Picked up the kids. Cleaned. Etc. Etc.

I started the preparations for the Mexican fiesta at 4:30 and didn't stop until 6:30. I made salsa, guacamole, refried beans, taco meat, Mexican chili, Mexican rice, and chicken fajitas. Ho. Ly. Cow. My children had better not be picky eaters because I refuse to make three dinners in one night to suit them all. It really was a Mexican fiesta and everyone enjoyed the food. I ate wayyyy too much. Cameron asked me if I was Mexican. It's kinda hilarious how little these people know about the world. I used to be one of them. It's only been a week, and I'm already so cultured.

I talked to Aaron and Emma about English words. I read them my aunt's comment on a previous post and they both think she is awesome for knowing what a brolly is. :)

Puppy cuddle session and I'm off to bed. Tomorrow I visit Rothenberg ob der tauber. I have to take the bus to/from the station :( Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. The fiesta sounds awesome.

    I see another inside picture where a person is wearing a coat. Is the fire place how they heat the home or do they have radiant heat (water pipes) or a furnace like we have in the states?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They use the fireplace a lot but there is also some sort of heating system. There are metal things on the wall that get warm...I don't know how it works.

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, and say hello to Harry, Ron, and Hermine today. Will they be going with you to the criminal museum to see the dunking chair?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be awesome even IF I didn't know what a brolly is. :-P

    That's some mighty fine looking nosh, Casie. :-)

    ReplyDelete