Sunday, February 5, 2012

Last day of my Workaway

Sunday here is sleep in day, but I couldn't sleep past 7:30. I enjoyed breakfast with Maya, the German shepherd, and sat around until 9:30 when everyone else got up. Emma went to work, and Aaron went cooking and cleaning crazy because they have a big Sunday dinner and because a German family was coming over to look at the puppies.

During the week, Emma doesn't clean. But Friday afternoon, before Aaron gets home, she declutters and quick cleans as much as possible. He's quite the clean freak which is so opposite of Emma. I can't imagine what the house looks like during the weeks that no workawayer is here!

I finalized my plans for next week and surfed the Internet like all day. It was so boring.

Because nothing happened today, I will tell you a few random things:

Every toilet has a scrub brush by it. At home and in public wc's. It must be really offensive to leave poo marks.

I absolutely love the style of the houses over here. I kind of want to build a German home in America. It would stand out like a sore thumb, but it would be the cutest house on the block. It would have an adorable front door with matching shutters as well as window boxes of flowers. It would be a cozy cottage. Oh, and I'd ride a "beach bike" everywhere and be quad lingual.

Darwin, the two year old, is exactly like Stuey on that Family Guy commercial..."Mom. Mom. Mommy. Mom. Mom." He doesn't stop until he's been acknowledged by the person he's calling. It's really not funny after a week. In fact, it's freaking annoying.

I lost my camera case in Bamberg. At least my camera wasn't in it!

I've lost a pair of socks here at the house. It's ok though cause I'm pretty sure they were filthy and wet from dog wee.

My dad emailed me today to tell me know that 1. Europe is the coldest it's been in decades. There is snow in Rome for the first time in 27 years. Of course it's even colder than normal the winter I decide to come. Hopefully it warms up soon.
Read the article here:
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-world/20120204/INTERNATIONAL-US-EUROPE-WEATHER/

2. I got a scholarship to Weber State! Transfer scholarships are hard to come by, so I wasn't expecting one. What a blessing!! Maybe I WILL go skiing in Switzerland even if it costs a billion dollars. Who cares?! I still don't have to pay tuition!!

By request of my dear dad, I am now going to Austria tomorrow. Salzburg and Hallstatt to be exact. I will be there for two nights. I hope I don't freeze to death, and I hope the hills truly are alive with the sound of music.

Auf Wiedersehen!

2 comments:

  1. Love hearing all about Europe. Makes me want to drop everything and just backpack through europe on my own.

    ReplyDelete