Sunday, March 25, 2012

Last day in London/Europe!

My last day in Europe was definitely a success. I can't believe I am about to enjoy (?) my last night NOT in my home/bed. I feel like I don't even know what/where home is. I only know the five outfits I have been wearing for the past 60 days. I don't remember how to use my cell phone!

I was the first one in bed lady night...it was eleven. Everyone else came pouring in around three. I got up and ate breakfast and what not and walked to my cousin's hotel which is about a mile away. We walked to Buckingham Palace and took pictures there. There was a very mini changing of the guard as well as some sort of running race/fundraiser going on. The palace is huge and I imagined Prince William and Princess Kate kissing and waving from the balcony. Sigh...it was lovely.

We hopped on a bus (our ticket was good for 24 hours) and we rode to as close to our next destination as possible and walked the rest of the way. We arrived at King's Cross Station and saw Platform 9 3/4 fully equipped with a trolley (luggage cart) disappearing into the wall to ye platform of the Hogwarts Express. So cool!! We took pictures pushing the cart. :D

We walked to another bus stop and hopped on for our last ride. We took it to an area of London we hadn't yet been and it was where church would be.

We got lunch at a little French cafe/bakery. Yummy! Then, we headed to find the church. The address took us to the Baden Powell House...It's basically a building with rooms you can rent out for various events/meetings. Baden Powell is the founder of the scouting program so it was both fitting and funny that church was held there.

We found two sister missionaries, one from New Zealand and one from Ogden, UT (small world), and we chatted with them for a while. The real church building was getting renovated and the Baden Powell House was just temporary. We made it in time for the YSA ward at 2:00. We talked to a few other members of the ward (one from Bountiful, UT) before Sacrament Meeting started.

It was fast and testimony meeting, and it was a great meeting. Since most all the members were there for school studying abroad and what not, there were people from all over the world. It was pretty amazing! The meeting was fabulous! It really was really great.

We walked to Kensington Palace and through the gardens there. My dad would have liked the gardens more than the ones in Paris because you're allowed to lay all over them! Everyone and their dog hangs out in the parks. There were kids scootering, girls long boarding, and lots of people riding bikes/walking. The weather was fantastic again today. It was just lovely.

We found an underground station and parted ways as he had a work dinner to get to. I went up and saw Abbey Road for my sister. I got pictures of me walking across it, but half of it was under construction so it wasn't really the full effect. I almost died too cause there are cars everywhere and it was just madness. So cool to walk where HP and the Beatles have in the same day! ;)

I got back on the underground and headed to the main part of London where I got more pictures and just walked around enjoying London. I walked quite a ways and was going to rent a bike to ride in the park, but the machine started malfunctioning and I was too hungry to wait any longer. I headed to Victoria Station to get my train ticket to the airport tomorrow. I got dinner at a cafe on the way...some sort of thai soup and a cheesy croissant (both were deliche). I walked back to my hostel so I could see how long of a walk it is for tomorrow. It took about thirty minutes. Boo.

I'm all packed up and ready to go! I am very anxious and excited to get home. Time has flown...I knew this would happen. I can't believe the past two months have happened! What an amazing experience. I am such a lucky girl and the things I have experienced will be with me forever. I have stories for forever. I love Europe. I love traveling. I thought this trip would satiate desire to travel, but it's just made me hungrier. There is just so much to see!! I plan on staying in the good old u s of a for a while though. :)

I have to wake up around 5 tomorrow. :( My plane leaves at 9 am and I have a thirty minute walk to the train station followed by a thirty minute train ride to the airport. I feel all emotional about coming home...I don't know why. I guess i'm just grateful for a wonderful home and family...being with them is better than the Eiffel tower, Big Ben, Venice canals, Bruges, Swiss Alps, Italian Riviera, and hot Italian men combined. Haha. I might burst into tears when I get home dear family...just to warn you.

Thanks for reading along and following my journey abroad. Advice/reflections on my trip to come later...laundry comes first. My clothes wreak!

Cheers!!!
.
Sorry for the typos.

1 comment:

  1. We're so looking forward to having you home! Love you babe!

    ReplyDelete