Sunday, March 4, 2012

Belgian cities, chocolate, and people tend to be my favorite

Same old usual day here at La Merveille. Breakfast, cleaning rooms, cooking, dishes, laundry, soccer, and dinner for two. The couple that ate dinner tonight was the Belgians...the guy loves me for some reason and he even brought me flowers today! He said, "Flowers for the flower" as he gave them to me. Then he called me beautiful. So sweet! Today was their 45th wedding anniversary as well as his birthday. They shared the delicious cake with us. They're nice people.

I made chicken cordon bleu for lunch today. It turned out SO good, and it was so easy! Here is the recipe.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-cordon-bleu-i/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=chicken%20cordon%20bleu&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe
We had pancakes for dessert. Roger and Elise love them. Like love love them. I have always been the queen of pancakes...

So I know I have been complaining more than I have been praising, but I am very happy over here. Roger and Elise have become good friends, and we joke around a lot. I do have one more complaint though. Just real quick. Roger has worn the same exact shirt, sweater, pants, and probably socks every day. Every single day. From day one to today. I'm pretty sure he wears a big sweater because it keeps the stench in. He wreaks. Bad. Today I learned that he has not had a bathroom to shower in for who knows how long. Elise's dad is in the process if installing a shower on the main floor for him. That's no excuse because every room has a bathroom and there are nine bedrooms in this place, but it does explain a lot. Unfortunately, her dad can not come back to hook up the hot water to the shower until next weekend when I'm leaving...so I have to deal with his stench for another week. :/

My posts keep getting shorter and shorter (lucky you!). I need to get back to my old way of writing every detail of my day. I have so many good conversations with people but amidst all the work and business I forget them.

I'll always say I learned how to cook in France (as well as from my mom). I've also learned patience and a bit about what marriage/motherhood might be like. I just hope it's easier when you actually love the people you're cooking for and cleaning up after. I have so many stories from this place. It's definitely been a memorable visit thus far! I can't believe I will be home in just three weeks!

3 comments:

  1. English people stink C Babe...this is a fact of life!!
    Getting excited for Papa bear to come stay out at the B&B! I made him promise that while you guys are in Paris you will go see JIM MORRISON'S GRAVE. Turns out it's only 4 minutes away from where you guys are staying, so there is NO excuse. I will expect tons of pictures! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ok ok! I hope to take a picture on Abbey Road while I'm in London as well. For you, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS YES!!!!!!!!
    You are living my bucket list...I hope you know this.

    ReplyDelete