Saturday, March 17, 2012

Boorrrrinnnggg

Today was super super boring.

I woke up at 8:15 and went downstairs to an seemingly empty house. Everyone was still sleeping! I went for a run (and saw pretty things), and when I came back Kari (the mom) was up making breakfast for two of the guests. At this B&B, they do nice hot breakfasts of eggs, sausage, bacon, and toast with fruit, muffins, and cereal as well. I like that they take more time on the breakfast instead of worrying about dinner like the other B&B I was at. Kari does all the breakfast, and then she has two "chamber maidens" that make up the rooms and clean up from breakfast. The kids set up the tables for breakfast the night before.

I sat around until about 11 when Kari told me my instructions for the day. I was to paint two large pieces of wood, check in some guests, and carry the phone around with me in case someone called to book. I painted one coat and took a break. Then I painted another coat on one and took a break. Then I finished the last one. It was like one and I had nothing to do the rest of the day. I don't even know what I did to pass the time. I couldn't leave cause I had to be on phone/door duty.

The guests came to check in/drop off their stuff at 2:30. No one called to book. I guess I just played with the cats and dogs, cleaned, and surfed the Internet until 6 when I grilled some chicken for my dinner. One cat laid on a stool in the kitchen alllll day long. All the others are so cuddly that it's annoying. I try to pet them but they're just not as great as Tolly, the dog. He plays fetch. He's fun and so cute. After dinner, I found Marie Antoinette on DVD so I took it up to my room to watch it. It was pretty awesome! I wish I would have seen it before I went to Versailles!! I was standing in the damr places just a couple days ago. It was great! (You need to watch it dad).

I forgot to say that Rob and Kari went to a wedding in London today. That's why I had to stay here. I hope they have more jobs for me or it will be a long awkward week...I plan on going to Bath one day next week and also going to see Stonehenge one afternoon!! Cool!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure the guests would be happy to see the cat on the kitchen table and drinking out of a glass. Cleo does it at our house, well not the glass part, but I don't serve paying guests food at my house. I figure if they don't like the way I wipe the counters they can be a paying guest. I don't think I could say that unless they were paying guests.

    So they don't have you help with meals and cleaning rooms? How close are you to cool things to see? It almost looks like this place is out in the middle of nowhere. At least they have pets to help you pass the time. Pets are awesome. I'd be a different person without pets.

    Hang in there and be glad that you're not cooking, cooking, cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of you with the cat is hilarious. Hahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you'd like that one Lauren. Haha. It's pretty much perfect.

    I'm just a ten minute walk from all the cool things in Bath! They don't have much for me to do, but that's more of a waste to them than to me so whatever! :)

    ReplyDelete