Friday, January 27, 2012

Leaving Bruges

Sorry about the mix up with the Bruges post. The day and night are out of order, but I'm not going to mess with it anymore. I stayed up until midnight trying to figure it out!

I took a shower last night. They were private showers, but I had to pull down on a chain when I wanted water to come out. My microfiber towel was awesome except it's not very quick to dry. It's a good thing I showered at night because it took pretty much all night to dry.

I got in bed at midnight. I slept in the bottom bunk this time. At 1:15 there were a bunch of thirteen year old girls being all loud and junk. They were speaking English though so I didn't even care! It was so nice to be able to understand what was going on around me.

I got up at 7:45 and got ready. There were about five ladies also getting ready, and they were with the group of girls so we got talking. They're from Germany...they're American but their husbands are in the Air Force so they live in Germany for three years. They were in Bruges with the group of irks for a girl scout trip. How sweet is that?! They knew I was from Utah because of the BYU shirt I was wearing. A couple of them asked if I was LDS. They must have known a bit about the church because they asked "So, you didn't go on a mission?" they also asked me if my mother knew that I was sleeping in a room with a bunch of strangers, including men strangers. Haha. I laughed and told them she knew. :)

I ate toast for breakfast, checked out of my hostel, and went on my way. I took a video as I was leaving Bruges so check Facebook for that since I can't post it on here as far as I know. Maybe I will try later. I stopped by the two parks I went to last night on my way to the train station. They were pretty. I got better pictures.

I activated my Eurail pass so today is my first of fifteen (nonconsecutive) days I have on the trains. I caught the 9:58 train to Brussels and that's where I am now!

I had to ask the ticket stamper guy on the train which stop to get off at to see the Grand Place. He said Brussels-Centraal. Nice guy.

Like I said, I'm on the train, but I will not be able to post this until I have wi-fi tonight. Bruges was amazing, and I'm getting the hang of things and am excited about the rest of my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment