Sunday, January 22, 2012

FAQ

1. Have you seen Taken?

Yes, yes I have. Three times actually. Great movie. 

2. When do you leave?

Tuesday, January 24

3. Who are you going with?

Me. Myself. and I. No group. No friends. No no one. Just me.

4. Are you crazy?

Maybe.

5. How long will you be gone?

2 months. I will be home March 27.

6.  Where are you staying?

Half of the time I will be in hostels...the other half of the time I will be staying with host families and working for them in exchange for room and board.

7. What is a hostel?

Hostels provide budget oriented, sociable accommodation where guests can rent a bed, usually a bunk bed, in a dormitory and share a bathroom, lounge, and sometimes a kitchen. Rooms can be mixed or single-sex, although private rooms may also be available. (from wikipedia.com)

8. How did you find the families?

This website.  Host families leave an "ad" telling what they offer, where they're located, and when they need help. "Workawayers" email these families if they're interested and work it out from there!

9. So, what will you be doing for the families?

In Germany and Austria, I will be working around the house...a honey-do list of sorts. Nannying...cooking...cleaning...etc.
In France and England, I will be working in the bed and breakfasts that the families own. I will clean the rooms, do laundry, cook, and work at the front desk. 

10. Where did you get this idea?

See this post.

11. Where are you going?

See the left hand column of this blog for the list of the places I'll go

12. How will you contact family/friends at home?

This blog. Email. FaceTime.

Feel free to email me at casiegardner11@hotmail.com and leave comments so I know that someone might actually be reading this. :)

1 comment: