Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Arrived in London

January 25, 2012

An hour before we landed, they gave us a breakfast consisting of a muffin, a banana, and some oj. It was better than dinner. I watched the plane on the map get closer and closer to London.

When we finally got below the clouds, the entire landscape was just sparkling with city lights. We landed at 6:48 am. The passport check lady was super rude and asked me a million questions about traveling alone and what not. She asked me why I did not have my Eurostar ticket yet, and I told her that I wanted the eurail discount which I could only get at the station. She said they don't do that. Keep reading and you'll see how wrong she was.

I got 50 pounds out of an ATM more or less for fun/to try it out. It was a success.

I bought my underground pass. That was 5.30 pounds. It took an hour to get from the airport to the King's cross st pancras station. I'm loving the British accents and fashionably dressed men. I'm typing this in a British accent in my head. The underground was a lot like the subway.. Dark. Scary. Bumpy. And stinky. Man, the people here stink. They all have a distinct smell and they're all stinky smells. One guy straight up smelled his armpit. Everyone is in a hurry. No one talks to anyone else. The newspaper is about money, fashion, and soccer...excuse me, football. No one is wearing jeans. I would look local if it weren't for the big backpack I'm carrying around.

I got my Eurostar ticket leaving at 10:57. My eurail pass got me 57 pounds off the price so it only cost 61 pounds. Well, that's a lot. But not compared I what it would've been without the eurail pass. Stupid passport lady. Way to represent the UK.

I had about an hour to kill so I stepped out of the train station and was immediately in awe. London is so busy! Everyone is so rushed! Everyone dresses so nice! I walked up and down the street until I decided to come back to the station to check in.

Yet another security run through and passport check. This one was better though. I love all the stamps I'm getting in my passport.

Okay, well I talk a lot. I should stop.

PS sorry about the random order an placement of the pictures. It doesn't let me control it.

PPS there is a girl behind me balling her eyes out in French. Maybe she is in a similar situation as me? Maybe I should help her.

2 comments: